Lazy Sausage Lasagna
Everyone loves lasagna around here but sometimes I just cannot put all the effort into making them. Boiling the noodles, making fillings, prepping the sauce, layering, etc. is all too much for this mama sometimes. I saw something similar on Bower Power and I knew it was genius and I needed to make my own. Using raviolis as the pasta and one of the fillings was revolutionary to me. All I needed to do was make a substantial sauce and boom, dinner main prepped! My kids went to town on this and everyone was very happy. My husband said this was one of the best lasagnas he has ever eaten, he might be a little biased but I will take it! Need it to be gluten-free? There are so many great brands out there that you can choose from. So take a little shortcut and make this little beauty.
Lazy Sausage Lasagna
- 1 Tablespoon oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 lb mild Italian sausage, casings removed if using links
- 2 links hot Italian sausage, casings removed
- 1 jar (16oz) roasted red peppers, drained and chopped
- 3-4 cups kale, destemmed and chopped
- 1 Tablespoon Italian herb seasoning
- 1/2 Tablespoon sausage seasoning
- 1 jar (24.5oz) Marinara sauce
- 1 cup cashewgurt or other yogurt (heavy cream too!)
- 8 oz mozzarella, shredded
- 25 oz package frozen cheese ravioli
- Heat the oil in a large saute pan on medium-high heat, add the onions and cook until softened. Add the sausages and break up with a spoon, cook until browned. Add peppers, mix, and cook for a couple minutes. Add the kale and stir for a few minutes white it wilts. Season with the herbs and sausage seasoning. Slowly add in the jar of marinara, turn off the heat and stir until all combined.
- Preheat the oven to 400
- In a 13x9 baking dish, spray with some oil, spread an even layer of sauce at the bottom. Layer the raviolis across the dish. Top with cheese then sauce and repeat until the raviolis are gone and you end with sauce then cheese.
- Bake for 30 minutes at 400 until all hot and bubbly. Let it cool for about 10 minutes before serving. Enjoy with salad, broccoli, or whatever is your family's favorite veggies!
Onions - cooked until softened. Add the sausages, I like to use the kind that isn't in link form to cut an extra step. Use a mix of mild and hot, basically 3:1 ratio for great flavor. Drain and chop the roasted peppers while the sausage cooks. Drop in those peppers and cook while you chop the kale. Add that in a cook for a minute.
Pour your favorite marinara sauce in and make it creamy with yogurt or cream. Then add the seasonings, taste it and adjust if necessary. Stir and the sauce is ready to rock!
Shred your cheese up! Now it is LAYERING time!
Spray your dish (your future cleaning self will thank you). Then arrange the raviolis on top, then top with cheese. Repeat with sauce, raviolis, then more sauce, and lastly cheese. I got two layers, which was perfect. Now it is ready for the oven - 400 for 30 minutes. Perfect amount of time to clean up or scroll through Instagram...