Whole30 Pink and Purple Sheet Pan Dinner
I've been making small tweaks to this recipe from Martha Stewart for years and my family raves about it. It is one of their absolute favorites (even my 3 year old). My girls named this the Pink and Purple dinner because salmon is known as pink fish and obviously the cabbage is purple, so boom, the name stuck. I know I am lucky that my kids love salmon, we started them with it as one of their first meats because it was easy to chew with minimal teeth. Now they yell at the seafood counter, demanding "Pink FIIIIIISH!" I actually can't believe I haven't posted a salmon recipe yet, I have a bunch because we have it once a week. Gotta get those Omega-3s baby!
This recipe is simple and has minimal clean up: cutting board, knife, small bowl, and one sheet pan. Less dishes means less time by the sink and more time relaxing after the little ones are in bed! The sauce that goes on the salmon is simple and delicious. It adds so much flavor and I'm sure you are thinking, "Another grainy mustard sauce?!" It's just tasty, what can I say?
Pink and Purple Sheet Pan Dinner
- 3 tablespoons homemade or compliant mayonnaise - I like Paleo Running Momma's
- 2 tablespoons whole grain mustard
- 1/2 tablespoon prepared Horseradish, the only compliant brand I have found was Trader Joe's
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 lb small red potatoes, quartered
- 1/2 small head of purple cabbage, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons salt, divided
- 2 teaspoons pepper, divided
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 3-4 salmon filets, 6 oz each
- Preheat the oven to 400 and prepare the sauce, just mix the mayonnaise, mustard, horseradish, salt, and pepper in a small bowl and place into the fridge.
- On the sheet pan, toss the potatoes with 1 tablespoon oil, and 1 teaspoon each of salt and pepper. Push the potatoes to one side and repeat with the shredded cabbage.
- Bake for 30 minutes and remove pan, stir the potatoes and cabbage and move to allow space for the salmon. Place the salmon on the pan and top with the sauce.
- Bake for 15 minutes and your dinner is ready!