Summer Veggie Saute
Summer is known for its delicious produce and for good reason, you will find them all sweet and juicy. Abundance is the name of the game and if you have a garden, you are exploding with zucchini at this point and are grasping for ideas. Corn is always on super sale, like 6 ears for a buck, and peppers are the cheapest they will be. I seriously need to figure out how to garden because we plow through peppers like its our job. So I brought all these beautiful crops together for a delicious side. We pair it with grilled chicken, steak, or whatver we are feeling that night. It is so easy to pull together and only takes minutes to prepare, exactly what this mama needs.
Summer parties are still happening and I am sure all your friends and family will love this too, it makes about 6 servings but you can easily bump up the quantities. It helps serve all your guests by being vegan and gluten free. Need it grain-free too? Swap the corn for some beautiful yellow squash. This is also perfect for Whole30 Reintrodction for gluten-free grains!
Summer Veggie Saute
- 2 Tablespoons oil, I used olive oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 zucchini, quartered and sliced (about 2 cups)
- 1 bell pepper, diced (about 3/4 cup)
- 3 ears of corn, kernels removed (about 1 1/2 cups) or yellow squash
- 2 teaspoons taco seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt + more for seasoning
- 1/2 lime, juiced
- 1/4 cup cilantro (optional)
- In a large skillet, heat the oil on medium-high heat. Add the onions and season with a little salt. Cook until browned, add in the garlic and cook for one more minute.
- Add the remaining vegetables and saute for a couple minutes, stirring occasionally. Season with the taco seasoning, salt, and lime juice. Toss with cilantro if you choose and serve!
- Serve once there are brown bits on everything.
Prep those veggies like a BOSS!!!
Saute the onions and add the garlic once the onions are browned. I mean how many onions have you seen on my site by now? Like 800 billion...