Ahhhh, warm weather, back yard relaxing, and the need for simple and fresh meals. One of best and most exciting parts of the summer is that berries are back in season, sweet, and cheap! My kids love them so much and I never feel bad about them asking for strawberries. Salsa is also a legit food group for us, especially my hubs. I am dead serious that he can take down a jar of salsa in one sitting, that and a bag of good tortilla chips, it's cray.
So I saw somewhere on the glorious webisphere someone combined our two loves and made a strawberry salsa. I immediately decided to make my own recipe and after some tweaking, this was born. I have used it with chips, on salads, over salmon, and eating by the spoonful! We love it most over some grilled chicken, it gives just enough oomph to make it special.
This is perfect for Memorial day coming up, the unofficial start of summer! It is so refreshing and easy, you can whip it up for any get together and everyone will love it!
- 8 large strawberries, small dice
- 1/4 red onion, small dice
- 1/2 jalepeno, seeds and membranes removed, minced
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Mix everything in a bowl and store in a sealed jar. Makes about 2 cups of salsa
- Serve with chips or over grilled chicken, salmon, or pork
Chop, chop, chop, chop, drizzle, sprinkle, and mix. Easy as can be!